A weekly edit, by Dana.
My brother-in-law owns an event and concierge service company and on Wednesday he helped put together a charity event with Children of the City, a non-profit organization that helps children in poverty in New York. Not only were we there for a good cause (my sister and I decided to sponsor a child!), but we also got to hang out with some of the New York Giants. Even though I’m a Steelers fan, it was really cool to get to meet the #2 pick in the overall draft, Saquon Barkley..and a lot of other players! I’ve also never seen Matt happier. He was hanging with all the players, taking selfies, talking to them as if they were boys, it was awesome!
Another really great high of this week was speaking at LIM College on Thursday morning. I spoke to a group of students who are getting ready to find internships. I spoke about my role as a Merchandiser, how I got started, and how my blog correlates to my career. I’ve always loved mentoring students and giving them insight on my experiences (I was a Student Ambassador and Orientation Leader in college), so this opportunity was really fun for me!
Not enough sleep;)
What are some of your highs and lows from this week?
The Weekend Update
Today is a really exciting day because: 1. We start Summer Fridays (WOO HOO), and 2. I’m meeting with my intern, Keely, today! It’s her first “official day” with The Champagne Edit, and I cannot wait for her to start with us!
Tomorrow, my mom, sister, and I are going to see the Donna Summers Broadway play. We got her tickets for Mother’s Day, and I’ve heard really good things about it! After the play, Matt is taking me on a surprise date night…okay not a total surprise…but the location is a surprise. And on Sunday I’m going to use the entire day to do a whole lot of nothing. (But let’s be honest, I’m probably going to get some blog work done.)
The Things I’m Loving This Week
- Jenn’s recap of the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic summed up our day perfectly!
- Alissa hits the nail on the head when it comes to bloggers creating actual content.
- Taylor’s garden is a dream.
- Grace gives great tips for adding luxury to your summer! (And now I own an Aera!)
The Items I’m Eyeing (& Buying)
- Loving this adorable button skirt! How good for summer?
- Need more belts in my wardrobe – loving this one. Where do you shop for belts?
- My go-to serum right now.
- I know I just bought a pair of vintage Chanel earrings…but I love these!
Today I Will…
Drink a chai latte.