There’s NOTHING like a good ol’ road trip. That’s why I have two planned in two weeks. And today I’m here to talk about some of my favorite road trip essentials.
First up, Boston and Salem!
This trip has been in the works for about three months. I’ve been obsessed with all of the Lark Hotel locations, and ultimately decided I wanted to go somewhere I’ve never been. So I chose to team up with The Merchant in Salem, MA for a little getaway! The town looks super cute and I’m actually so excited to explore. I’m OBVIOUSLY going to check out the Salem Witch Museum. The Salem Witch Trials are so fascinating to me, so I’m looking forward to learning more!
I’m going to be working on a Salem travel guide as I’m working my way through the town, so I’m excited to share that with you (hopefully) next week! I picked up a TON of new things for my trip, because #vacationfashun. So stay tuned!
Matt and I thought it would be fun to stop in Boston before continuing up north. We’re staying in Cambridge, so I’m definitely planning on going to Harvard to walk around and get some content shot. We’re also going to the Red Sox/Tigers game at Fenway. Matt’s a Yankees fan (which is why it seems blasphemous that we’re going to Fenway when they’re not playing NYY), but his love for baseball goes beyond that. It’s actually quite adorable;) I appreciate his love for baseball so much, so it’ll be fun to go to a game!
At the end of June, Matt and I are going to hit the road again…this time to Newport, RI! We’ll be staying with Gurney’s Newport and I’m really excited to see the new renovations! We’re 100% going to be dining at Scarpetta, hanging at The Pineapple Club (day bed included, duh), and roaming around the Newport area. Again, I’ve never been to Newport before, so this will be a fun trip together! If you have any MUST SEE/DO recs, please let me know!
More on that to come soon!
The Road Trip Essentials
When it comes to a road trip, I’ve never really done anything longer than 5 hours. I went to school about 4 hours away from home in Virginia and then I’ve driven from New York to Pittsburgh (and also from Virginia to Pittsburgh). I know there are WAY longer road trips, but for me, 4-6 hours is just enough…and still fun!
- Eye Patches: You should know by now that I’m obsessed with any Patchology product. These eye gels are definitely coming with me to keep my eyes feeling and looking refreshed!
- Dry Shampoo: If you’re one of my closest friends (*ahem, Erica*), you’ve probably made fun of me for never washing my hair. That’s, like, only semi-true. But I really don’t like to wash my hair a ton. Ever since I stopped washing it daily, my hair has been significantly healthier. I try to wash it 3-4 times a week instead! So dry shampoo is my lifesaver. Especially on a road trip when I’m most likely playing with my hair over half of the time.
- Portable Steamer: I am NOT good with an iron. I barely know how to use one (housewife material, right Matt?). So although portable steamers are totally meant for travel, I pretty much use them every day. I have this one and I highly recommend it!
- Cozy, yet stylish clothes: No one likes to get out of the car at a rest stop to stretch their legs….and look like a slob. When I’m going to be in the car for a while, I opt for cozy joggers, some slides, and a t-shirt. I ALWAYS have my cashmere wrap with me in case I’m cold – or need a pillow.
- Good Company: There’s nothing better than road tripping with your significant other, your best friends or your parents/siblings/cousins. Although Matt and I already spend a ton of time together, I can’t help but be excited for him to listen to 4 hours of me singing, rapping and annoying him. And I just KNOW he is too;)
SHOP THE ROAD TRIP ESSENTIALS:
Now tell me: What are some of YOUR road trip essentials?!