There’s nothing I love more than getting on a plane. I’ve always loved airports and flying. I think it’s safe to say that I’ve become a pro at packing my in-flight essentials.
With my upcoming flight on Thursday (Allie and I are going to Seattle!), I thought it would be fun to share my carry on essentials. I don’t like actually packing, but I do like packing my big bag full of things to do on the plane! These carry on essentials are tried and true…plus a few new favorites that I can’t live without.
Carry On Essentials to Read
I picked up this book thanks to Grace’s recommendation (she’s reviewing it on her podcast soon). I haven’t really started it yet, but it’s definitely coming along with me on my flight. Perfect time to start a book! It’s a murder-mystery, and I LOVE those kinds of reads, so I’m really looking forward to getting into it on the flight!
Carry On Essentials to Work
I never, ever travel without my laptop. I know it’s probably not the best habit, but I tend to get A LOT of work done on planes. Something about working in an airport and then on the plane just makes me so productive. I mean, there’s not many other ways to spend your time. I really don’t sleep much on planes, so I like doing something useful with my time in the air. I do some of my best writing on planes, so my laptop is definitely one of my carry on essentials.
Carry On Essentials to Prep
The older I get, the less my skin likes flying. Luckily, I’ve accumulated the best travel partners over the last few months or so. I couldn’t imagine flying without them!
- Step 1: Clean your hands I hate thinking about the amount of germs there are on a plane. Before I do anything, I always use some Purell!
- Step 2: Wipe your face I always carry my Neutrogena face wipes/make up remover. Gets all of my leftover make up off my face and gives me a clean slate
- Step 3: Hydrate Although I love my sheet masks (specifically this one), I’m too embarrassed to put one on the plane. Instead, I opt for a clear mask that I can lather on and not worry about scaring the child in front of me…or the flight attendant.
- Step 4: Wake Up Those Eyes You guys know I swear by my Patchology eye patches, and they’re LIFESAVERS on flights. After my 5 minute patches, I’m going to dab on my new go-to, Malin + Goetz Revitalizing Eye Gel
- Step 5: Moisturize Although this is on the pricey side, I LOVE La Mer moisturizing soft cream for my face when I’m on the plane. I’ve recently started adding a few drops of this night oil, and I think I’m going to try it on the plane (even though it’s not at night…but it’s a 6 hour flight, so basically the same hours as a night’s sleep). For my lips, I put on my 5 minute mask and complete with my First Aid Beauty lip balm.
- Step 6: More moisturizing I NEVER leave the house without my First Aid Beauty moisturizer. It’s been a miracle for my hands, so this is my last and final step to help re-hydrate my hands!
Carry On Essentials to Sleep
Okay fine, if I’m REALLY tired, I will try to nap for a portion of the flight. I always have an eye mask in my bag…just in case it’s one of those flights;) I ALWAYS have my cashmere wrap with me on flights. I mean, what’s worse than being cold on a plane?! NOTHING. (Well, except for being hot, but that rarely happens.)
Carry On Essentials to Listen
Planes are LOUD. I always have my Beats headphones ready to go as SOON as I’m in my seat. Whether it’s a Spotify playlist or one of my go-to podcasts, I’m always listening to something.